HISTORY OF THE BUILDING
Originally called "Pilgrim Hall", the first Grange meeting took place there on January 19, 1898. After 1906, all Grange meetings were held at Pilgrim Hall. (from "Reflections"). In 1917 the town purchased Pilgrim Hall.
During WWII a small paper called the "The Broadcast" was published by the Grange to be distributed mainly to military personnel from Pelham.
From it's beginnings, the building held musical performances, dances, dinners and many community functions. Later, it became the Pelham Town Hall and the upstairs was used to hear court proceedings and hold town board meetings which were open to the public.
In March of 2005, the people of the Town of Pelham, NH voted to give the old Town Hall to the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States of Pelham, NH, Memorial Post 10722. On July 19th, 2005 the property deed was officially signed by the Selectmen. The Post members later that year renamed the Post to the John H. Hargreaves Memorial Post 10722 in honor of the past Commander who put his heart and soul into the Post and in supporting veterans.
A heartfelt Thank You to the citizens of Pelham, NH for making it important that its veterans have a place to honor all veterans.
The John H. Hargreaves Memorial Post 10722 currently has 113 members as of June 30, 2015.
Click on our "Events" button to see what we've done in the past, what we are doing now and what is scheduled !!!
34 CHARTER MEMBERS:
William Allore Emil Bedard
Ralph Boutwell Richard Dean
Charles Dick George Elston
Parker Godfrey Gilbert Harris
J.Albert Lynch John Mendosa
Robert Monty William Otto
George Roberts Russel Savary
Joseph Verfaille Robert Blackler
Paul Pellerin William Beaucage
Gerard Boucher Gerald Danis
John A.DiCeasare, Sr Wesley Eckley
Charles Gibson John H. Hargreaves
Paul Lund Harold Mcloud, Jr
Samuel Messery Robert Munson
Victor Pierga Charles Ruggiero
Frank Simone Donald McCoy
Alred Nadeau Robert Preston
Pictures and text from Reflections, A Pictorial History of Pelham, New Hampshire 1746 - 1996",
Published by The Pelham 250th Anniversary Committee, copyright 1998
Webpage Built by: Steven Janocha